Please Observe.

Friday, March 24, 2006

My Most Amazing Experience with Anish, Rubin & Harry-(Part II)

I woke up later than Anish. Rubin came into the room all ready for his tuitions. I brushed my teeth and got ready for brunch. After Brunch Anish and I got to work. Anish sat at the laptop and had to make a certificate for the people who participated in the mime workshop. He made it look pretty grand in the end, with a blue and gold theme. I on the other hand sat at the computer looking for source files for the Elvis video. I was quite unsuccessful; I couldn’t even find the song on the file-sharing program. Finally Anish had to help me. We tried to find ways to cover up our lack of sources by repeating the same visualizations in different ways. Pretty ingenious if you ask me. But we didn’t do that till later. We kept searching for source files. By that time Rubin was back from his tuitions. We had time till 4’o’clock. Rubin had to go to Zabeel Park, Anish home, and I had to go for a Strings concert, but I’ll talk about that later. We began our work in full swing by about 1:30 in the afternoon. We really had started completing stuff, in the one video I mean. It was going nicely until Rubin’s computer froze, and halted us. Luckily we saved the files and we continued, but not before Rubin “lost” his hard-drive. How can you lose a hard drive? That’s Rubin. Aah stupid I.T. Presentation, Naa!

We had still not got the track and ended up calling Mr. Rodericks who was in school and asked him to send it to us. More precious time was going. Then we hit another block. With lack of source files we still could not complete the video. Rubin and Anish fought for creative control and I was thrown into it as well. In the middle of it all I realized I had gained 1 Kg! I was now 46! It must have been all the food in Rubin’s house. He seems to have food in every nook and cranny in his house. Anish also said that he felt that he was putting on some weight. Plus we had McDonalds yesterday. Super-Sized. We had Toblerone, Amicelli, Orange chocolate, Ali’s favourite chips, lemonade, and water. After that Rubin’s computer froze again. It was quite frustrating but then we managed to finish quite a bit before 4‘0’clock. It was time to leave. I had to go home to collect my tickets for Umeed.

Anish left us at Clock tower to go home and study for his upcoming S.A.T. examination in May. Rubin and I got off at Bur Juman, where we met Bharath. They were going to Zabeel Park together. I said goodbye and thanks to Rubin for everything and reached home.
At home I changed had a shower and picked up my tickets. I waited in front in for bur Juman for Harry who was coming with me. I had 30 Bucks with me after yesterday, but restocked at home to balance it at 50 again.

I met Harry, and it was from that point that my journey became suddenly so different from my usual mundane ones.

We took a bus to Sheikh Zayed road and got off opposite Trade Centre. After that for no apparent reason we kept walking straight, past Nandos and past Pizza Hut. We walked and walked. Walked through the construction detours and past the cars parked. It was 6:30; the show started at 9:00, so I figured it would be okay. After walking a bit more, we caught a cab. In the cab I spoke a bit with Harry and a bit with Ankita. We reached the Venue: Media City. It was going to be held at the same place that the Jazz Festival was held. We stopped the cab at the outskirts of media city. The bill came to 35. Then we walked some more. Then the shock came. We heard Drums. We heard distortion. Harry and I looked at each other for a split second, and then broke into a run. The sound was getting louder. We reached the gates and sighed. There was no one inside. The security let us enter.

Before I continue let me inform you about the concert we were going for. Umeed was a concert in aid of the earthquake victims of last year. The People performing were Bombay Vikings, Strings and 2 other guys, Shehzad Roy and Atif Aslam, who I personally am not interested in seeing “live”. But anyway, I got free V.I.P. seated tickets to this concert, courtesy of Avneeth Fernandes, a friend who lives opposite my house and is in my bus. Dude if you are reading this thanks a lot; I’ve never had more laughs at a rock show than this one.

Back to the Concert. We came into the venue and saw that strings were having their soundcheck! We saw strings upfront before the show started and they were trying out different songs until they left at about 7:00. They were really awesome, with heavy distortion effects and great bass. But then after that we went and sat, and as soon as we did, all hell broke loose. Strings finished and then came the arrival of DJ Sash.
(to be continued...)

2 comments:

anish said...

it makes sense totally..another amazing advantage of blogging...it is a place to store ur memories..something similar to wht dumbeldore stores his memories in..i just cant recall wht the hell that is...shite..

liked reading it tejas...
take care

Tejas said...

its a pensieve ('i' before 'e'?)anish, i mean that memory thing. yes its true about "storing" memories, just curious, do they shut you down if u dont post for sometime?