Please Observe.

Monday, March 27, 2006

My Most Amazing Experience with Anish, Rubin & Harry-(Epilogue)



I don’t remember waking up, now that I think of it. I just remember coming to his hall and sitting down in front him. Harry woke up earlier than I did; I don’t know how my friends are doing this, really! Both of us went to sleep by 5:30. He got up at 11:30 and was sitting on the couch eating some breakfast; I think it was cornflakes. I looked at the clock; it was 12:35. I yawned and he said hi, then I went back in to brush my teeth. I had to first recover my toothpaste from my bag. I had forgotten to bring a toilet bag and I always had this strange feeling throughout my trip that the ‘crest’ toothpaste (50ml) tube I was currently using, would unscrew its cap on its own accord, and have the pleasure of turning the front pockets of my bag into a mess. I checked my bag. No mess.

After brushing, I came to the hall again to find Harry still eating. He was browsing through the channels on his TV and would occasionally find something interesting to watch. We ended up having our attention caught by the movie ‘face/off’, which I had seen before only too many times. We watched it till the end, I remember, and then I met Harry’s dad who was just leaving for work. Harry and I then just chilled for some more time. I flipped through the entertainment plus magazine and had a quick read of the newspaper. Then Harry decided that last night, or should I say this morning’s game of football would not suffice as enough and that we needed to play more. Well actually he didn’t say that, but he was doodling and juggling the ball so I decided to join him. The funny thing was that after 2 minutes of playing, I felt so tired that I thought that I needed another 7 more hours of sleep before I could ready myself for my next match. Harry, I could tell was feeling the same and so we quit, and listened to music instead.
I saw the movie family guy too, that day. My god, it was the most hilarious stuff I had ever seen yet. Family guy to me is a highly exaggerated version of ‘The Simpsons’. Even ‘The Simpsons’ at times can get a little serious, but this was absolute comedy every single minute of the movie. A must-see, by the way.

We relaxed a bit more till about 5:00 pm, by which time my mom had called and had started to wonder where I was. She told me that I had not been home properly since Wednesday and wanted to see me home as soon as possible. I agreed, I had been out long, and it was about time I left for home.
I had 5 bucks left, since my last escapades outside. Harry told me that if I wanted to save myself from cab-fair (which I did), I should use the bus. The bus stand was at the Dnata building a couple of hundred meters away from Harry’s house. We talked a bit on the way, but then I just started watching the road; the Sheikh Zayed road that was heading towards the city. I don’t know what it was about that place, but it made me think a bit. Or a lot. I don’t know myself but what I did realize is that I hadn’t been to this place ever before. I thought about how people take their cameras and take photos of foreign countries when they go with their families on holidays. I was quite disappointed because, I wanted to take a picture of this road; for some reason it made me think that, people don’t take photos of their daily lives so often. Its just when they go out to different or new places. Now that’s understandable, but what about our daily lives? Nobody is taking photos of that right? There are far more little-little details that were missing out because we don’t pay attention that much to our surroundings. That’s what I was thinking about. Our surroundings, this normal, day-to-day world that we don’t pay attention to. I, at that point of time suddenly started to appreciate everything that came in front of me, I started noticing little things, like a persons shirt, the way Harry walks, just basically everything that we ignore generally. I think we’re not paying attention. We’re so busy doing other stuff that we forget to appreciate the beauty of simple things. I’m not preaching here or anything. It’s just that at that point how suddenly, I felt so strongly about this. In half an hour I thought about this a lot, just half an hour. It was the wind blowing in my ears. The setting sun on my face. The silence between Harry and me. This impact was so great on me that in the next 5-10 minutes I just sat and thought about these last 3 days. If you have noticed I have tried to put in as many details as I could remember in ‘My Most amazing experience with Anish, Rubin & Harry’, just as a test for myself. And I have still left things out. If in the last 3 days I can’t remember things, how will I ever remember those important details that took place in my life so long ago? I know it is impossible to remember everything, but we have to try, or you know what, it should come naturally. Why should we do it? Because it gives a sense of well being. You feel good, I don’t know how to explain it that well, I’m not a very articulate person, I’m just trying to tell you as much as I can, and how much I feel about this. I try to write as well as I can to bring out this feeling to all of you reading, I wouldn’t have done this otherwise. I didn’t tell anyone right after I felt this way because this way I can share it with all of you.Just try it. Try to pay attention. I had to tell you.

Harry and I walked on further and finally reached the Dnata building.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have explained it well enough, dont worry. i know what you mean! those days when we have so much of fun, when we hang out with friends, when something small happens... will we remember it 'later in life'? Will we remember the joke that kept us laughing for fifteen minutes straight? We may want to remember it... we try hard to remember it... but it somehow snakes its way to the back of our minds.
And about noticing all the things that you normally miss.. those things are meant to be noticed only when you are in the state of mind as you were then... dazed, tired, at peace, and actually, quite bored!
adios!