Please Observe.

Friday, March 24, 2006

My Most Amazing Experience with Anish, Rubin & Harry-(Part I)

On Wednesday the 22nd of March, I made a plan with Anish to go to Rubin house to stay over. We had lots of work to do and stuff for the upcoming April fundraiser and had to make the videos for each song that was to be sung. That day was incidentally also the 1-year anniversary of our not-eating-anything-from-McDonalds-,-Hardees-,-or-KFC oath. We were excited as hell and were literally dying to sink our teeth into that high cholesterol, high BP level giving food. We had chosen McDonalds as the oath breaker and we were going to have dinner at City Centre Sharjah. Anish took the guys for football that evening, and promised to leave after he was done. I dint play that day and instead waited for his call. He arrived at my building with Fabron. Fabron reminds me too much of coop from the show Megas XLR. Sorry I had to say that. Apparently the newly titled “Ex- Twelves” had joined them for football since their board exams were over. Now everyone knows that I’m a cheap guy and have empty pockets half the time. Today I had exactly 50 bucks and still decided to take the bus to sharjah. The 3 of us walked from my building to LULU centre and didn’t feel like sitting in the bus so took a private cab for 35 bucks. The Cabbie looked a bit seedy, but we weren’t worried: we had Fabron. We looked to have a long journey ahead of us so I had to think of ways to entertain us. My PSP was in my bag and I had the movie Hitch on it so we decided to watch. Now, I had sworn that I charged the darned thing just last night, but from the signs it was showing, it looked like we were going to have a short movie. “10 minutes,” I said. In ten minutes we managed to watch a few funny parts but then the thing just turned off and refused to turn on again: not like I tried, though.
After 35 minutes or so we reached Sharjah city centre. Anish was scared because he was wearing shorts, and I recalled that Rubin had once mentioned to me that you could not wear them in sharjah. We were greeted by Mr. James and Rubin and we immediately set out on a hunt for the food court. Aaron was also supposed to join us. I really don’t know what Aaron does when he is not with his friends, no really, it’s quite strange, apparently he NEVER comes out the house to meet anyone for dinner or anything. Its quite strange (but true), but he maybe just pre-occupied with someone else…
Anyway enough about Aaron. We reached McDonalds, and had to endure another round of agony as we saw the long line of people standing in front to get their food. I felt like shouting at them “We have not had this “food” in a year god dammit!!! get outta the F!@#$%^ way!!!!”. But instead I said, “Aww shoot”.
Rubin treated us, we thanked him for that. I had a Chicken McSpicy and Anish a Chicken Big Mac. Well so much for bird flu. We held the burgers in our hands and hit both of them together and said, “cheers”. And then we ate.
In retrospect I felt that the first bite was worth that whole year of waiting. I could taste everything the melted cheese, the mayonnaise, the lettuce, the buns, the sesame seeds on the bun and obviously the not-so-spicy chicken. It was brilliant; Anish and I looked at each other and smiled. It was like a drug, it was like a McDrug. Like that gave us Mchappiness. The French-fries, the coke, everything tasted good on that first bite.
After that, well it was,well…nice.
The five of us walked back to Rubin’s house and went straight for the computer room. Fabron got the big chair (hmmm…) and the rest of got the others and spares. I changed into my night clothes as did Anish and then we began to go through Rubin's drafts for presentations. After that we just went through source files and other junk till about 2:30 in the morning, by which time Mr. James and Fabron left. It was just the three of us then. We watched the terminal, till about an hour later. We were all dead tired and wanted to sleep bad. Our eyes were closing by the time Tom Hanks was stuck in that wretched terminal. We talked a bit more, and then couldn’t bear it any longer and the fell into a deep sleep.

I think subconsciously we 3 knew that we hadn’t done an ounce of work and that we had to leave the next day. Rubin had tuitions in the morning. We pledged to finish the work the next day or else we would have wasted an entire night having done nothing.
(to be continued...)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you bloody have to describe that burger so well? sheesh! the only person ive heard describe a burger better than that was jughead. curse you! aurgh!
(ps- cool blog entry... why on earth were u on a "no eating blah blah blah" for one whole year? oh and after all that "hard work" u better have a good presentation!)

Anonymous said...

dear tejas:P

if you must know! i reaaly reaaly REAALY couldt come that day u idiotttttt. and it was a wednesdya ansd during the period of Lent , christians (rubins the worst christian ever)... like myself cannot eat meat on wednesdays.... so there was no point in coming! ...wallk all the way to city centre...jeez....and couldnt come the next day coz i was leaving to go to dubai in 5 minutes and u foools are calling. foooooooolllss.

anways liked part 1 of the blog entry. ...part2 was weird:S...but it had harri in it so well i understand.

so did ull get ny work done the next day then????...and oh i heard that u had taken up another oath not to eat msdonalds foranother year...is that true???

anways thts all for now....i hav to do tht frigging es poster thing! (becoz of u , u ass) soo byeeeeee

- gomezzzzzzz