Please Observe.

Friday, March 24, 2006

My Most Amazing Experience with Anish, Rubin & Harry-(Prologue)

Harry and I first just looked around and stared at the road in front of us. He told me which bus would take me home after being out for 3 days. I left home on Wednesday. Today was Friday. I thought all the things that had happened to me. It’s funny because in the last half an hour of my journey, my contemplating began and finished by the time I reached home. We talked about various things that had happened last night, including the “wacky, waving inflatable arm flailing tube man”, and the football scores. 4 buses came and went. They were full. We sat down and kept talking. Its funny how such a simple experience has made me think so much. Finally a minibus came. This meant I would have to take another bus to get home. Harry gave me a buck-fifty; I gave him a hug and got in. The bus driver asked me where I wanted to go. I repeated Harry’s words, “trade centre roundabout” and paid him for my ticket. The bus rattled past the Dnata building and we were off. The bus was empty apart from my other co-travelers; a man and his wife. After making just one stop we reached the roundabout and I got off. I waited for bus no 21, it would go straight to my home, but I was impatient and got into 26, which would take me a bit further from it, I’d have to walk a bit. I got into the bus and ironically saw bus no. 21 stopping right behind the one I was in. I even saw the relieved faces of the people getting onto it. I reached karama centre, got off and walked back home slowly.

No comments: