Please Observe.

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Plastic Surgery, Stories so far and Baby Doll

Recently I have been thinking about some stuff, all random. I honestly can't seem to focus on anything specific.
I don't know if they've been doing this from some time or not, but I think that whenever an actor/actress in a Hindi soap gets tired of his role and wants to quit, he is faced with some options. The produces can kill him/her off, but I think their personal favourite is to make him/her have a near fatal accident. Obviously in this accident they make sure a larger portion of the persons face is pummelled in (or out), and thus the only option is for them to have plastic surgery.
Sigh.
When I last visited the Sahara Centre bookstore (on level 1/2) I ran into the non-fiction section. It's so strange how everyone wants to release "their story so far". Everyone is releasing their autobiographies on their lives "so far". Everyone is impatient. They can't wait till their old enough to hire an assistant whom they can dictate to.
I don't know.
It makes the process far simpler. But then you wonder if they'll start right from the beginning or from where they left off. Also how they title their own books: THE AUTOBIOGRAPHY. I mean, rather than "my autobiography" they have "THE" inserted and a picture of him/her silhouetted against some brilliant beautiful landscape.
Oh well.
They've started advertising on Cartoon Network now. I can't believe they are doing this. And the best part is that it’s for a doll. I want to talk about this doll. It is not an ordinary doll by any means. This "baby-doll" (excuse the unintentional references to the new wave of Hindi pop; another bit I'd like to talk about someday) can shut its eyes and go to sleep and has a jacuzzi/tub type thing in which you can bathe it. You can pump bubbles into the tub it as well.
But I think the highlight of this toy is that....wait for it...it can pee. Yes that’s right. Baby-doll now pees. How do I know this? Because they actually had a close-up of baby-doll...functioning.
Oh well. That’s technology for you!
But don't get me wrong. I’m not knocking everything; there is still some good left in this world.
I don't know how many of you watch 'Sheep in the big city', but I can tell you one thing, it's a salvation.
Sorry for criticising everything else. I can't focus!

11 comments:

Kapil.. said...

Hmm sheep in the big city ..reminds me of a song..
Sheep go to heaven by Cake ..

Anyways those baby dolls sound really wierd ...Kids these days.....

-Kapil

anish said...

PEEING BABY DOLLS! NO F-ING WAY!!!!!
AHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

JUST BRILLIANT!!

Govind said...

Haha!

Hindi serials ... you forget, many of them also go to Haridwar or the Himalayas for 'prayashchith' for as long as a year ... and some suffer a car crash, lose their memories and disappear!!

Autobiographies ... YES, really stupid. I heard Rooney or someone (who is 20 or something) has signed a deal to release FIVE autobiographies in the next 10 years or something [the publishing house has already agreed to buy the rights for each of these books for a hefty sum]. WIERD .....

Cartoon Network ... hmmm, guess most of us never lose interest in cartoons! I stopped watching for a while cause I'd watch nearly all episodes of most of my fav. cartoons! Sheep in the big city ... brings back memories. I'm emotional now!
As far as the doll goes .... :S:S

Nishant said...

Hahahaha peeing dolls. What's the world come to?

About Cartoon Network, call me a baby but I watch it all the time :D And yes, I do hate a few cartoons, but Sheep in the Big City is awesome.

Ba-ah.

Take care,
Nishant.

The Ego said...

Ummm...about the serials...you forgot they even have an option to come back after a few months when they realize they miss being in the show, inspite of being murdered or whatever...Ingenious :P
Umm, don't watch Sheep in the Big City but... Dexter and Samurai Jack RULE!!! Hehehe...

Anonymous said...

Sex.

Anonymous said...

Back to my favourite question: why?

It's too bad that I couldn't begin with 'Apart from the money', because today, most autobiographies are only for the moolah.

I wouldn't mind putting out an autobiography. Of course, 17 years may not be much, but there's no min. qualifying age, is there? I'd love to outline my life so far for one specific reason above any other. It thrills me to know that someone else has had an experience that resembles one I've had. If it contains even one lesson from which I think anyone would do well to learn, then I'd have my memoirs published. That's my reason.

I have chronicled my life so far. If I ever am in a position to have it published, I will.

Anonymous said...

i KNOW!!!! on cartoon network! i was so shaken by such blatant cheap and grown up advertising on cartoon network, i could hardly enjoy my daily fix of Foster's(home for imaginary friends)! altho, must admit, it IS heartening to knw tht theres someone else out there who's seen even one show on cartoon network within the past year and not blaming it on extreme boredom and/or a younger being.

Romit said...

Baby doll Vol 3...hilarious stuff

anjali said...

cartoon network? Grow up.
Jesus!!

Namrata said...

Peeing dolls ? You have to be kidding !
The bit about the serials is so true. Some of the scenarios they create are just plain far-fetched ! I think they believe the audience is stupid. Whihc to some extent might be true, considering they eat all this up and keep watching. Weird innit ?

Nice post x