Please Observe.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

My True Partner for life

A few days ago i thought id write about a journey that i had undertaken recently, in which i learnt i saw and learnt much. But instead, seeing as it had been an 'illegal' journey i shall instead write about a partner of mine. My true partner for life. My bag.
Its just to honour it thats all. I first stumbled upon this marvelous invention when anish gifted me with one just about 2 1/2 years ago. Since then my bag has been an integral part of my life. Seriously, everything. Redial, Redial entertainment, Regular Entertainment, Here-we-go Productions, Sleepover clothes, music, hard drives, food, water, and the most important my drawing/writing book, have all been in my bag at one point. My important life, exists in the bag.
I have had three bags so far. Out of them two have had tragic fates. The first one,that Anish gave me for my birthday, a red Nike, got stolen while we were playing football at Maktoum. It was filled to the maximum that day and some guy just took it. It was devastating for me. There were more than 20 cds in there. An entire part of my life had just been grabbed and taken away from me. That was a sad day for me and i really felt like crying. I told my parents about it and they were like' its just a bag'! It's not just a bag! That bag spanned a whole phase in my life! After i lost it, it was really like 'It's time to move on Tejas'...
The second bag was a grey Nike given to me by Ankita in december of last year for my birtday in July(also of last year:P) and is currently very much in my possesion, but the sad part is that I apparently overworked it, and now there is a big gaping hole at the bottom of the bag. My mom's been dying to throw it out since but due to sentimental reasons i'm very attached to the bag. That bag has been with me everywhere, from Desert Rock to Pune and I'm not about to let go of it that easily. It has retired somewhat, though i still use it as my school bag, its not my 'out-out' bag anymore.
Those duties instead have passed on to my current bag. The Black Adidas bag that i once again got on my birthday from Proma and Ishika(thank you very much). My current bag is very user friendly and It and I share a similar relationship much like my Nikes. But theres something about this new bag that i have not felt with any other bag. All I can say is that if anything happens to this one...I will seriously not be able to handle the trauma.
I love my Bag. I can't leave the house without it. You should get one too.
:P

11 comments:

anish said...

tejas - u and your bags are meant for each other...and yeah i remember the red nike..the day it got stolen while playing football under maktoum! damn - :P - but hey new ones come along...and u get attached to the new ones...is some what like life and relationships huh..?

shit treading on philsophical grounds...not good!

nice post - hope this bag lasts longer!

blog on!

Tejas said...

ashiq...yup i remember the cinnamon sticks and the cap :D...i dont care if stunts my growth...I love my bag!
anish...on the whole philosophical thing...i always have underlying stuff...its not called the cryptic for nothing...
Thanks guys!

Namrata said...

hey tejas
i must say that this post somewhat touched me. hardly anyone i know is attached to their bag in that way. but what you said is true...a bag holds everything we need...no matter where we go...it holds an imp. place in our life but we don't realise it...some deep thoughts you got there!
ciao

Anonymous said...

my simpsons game was in the bag. ass.
ummmmm, well i carry a bag around everywhere as well. but im not emotionally attatched to the bag in the same way as you are. its my portugal bag, and i use it to carry my keys, wallet, phone and inhaler. thats it.(other items whenever needed to be carried) i dont want to risk losing any of the afore mentioned items :P

so yea....i guess u could say i love my bag as well :P

Radhii said...

Tejas!
Is this the same black bag that you don’t let me rummage through? *gurrrr* Lol anyways .. I guess part of the reason we get attached to things is because we have them during significant times of our lives, they’re tokens of remembrance, yet so so much more huh? You’re bag is my over sized Harvard shirt which I’ve had for like, 8 years. I’m finally big enough to wear it! Partly because I love the shirt, Harvard is like, A DREAM, n because I’ve had it for ages, and well honestly, because it just smells really good :S.. I love carrying it around. In your case you need to carry it around lol :P .. Well. I actually liked this post a lot, twas different. ACK! I have to practice now, I've already extended my break. Toodle-oo!

Tejas said...

ali man...i bought you that game! so it sorta cancelled it out...somewhat
dont remind me!
Radhika! i like that. the "during significant parts of our lives". i get that, good point. maybe i like my bag beyond that because of wat it represents...my real life.
thanks again!

Tejas said...

to ...
i never really planned to get myself so attached to a bag...it just happened. Its not like i get a bag and then say 'ok let me love you'! All my stuff was held in my bag and it just happened that i required that stuff wherever i went. it was with me always and held all the things i hold important. As it is, all three bags were given to me by really close friends on my birthday...so there was some sentimental value to begin with...as cheesy as that sounds :P
You are right about the fact that in the event of losing it (again) i would be devastated...but well,
too late :P

Anonymous said...

heylo,
i guess we all got our stuff that has sentimental value 2 us.. lol like my first saxohpone reed... i noe.... gross :P:P i shud have chucked that moldy thing out 5 yrs ago,its a cracked lil chip of wood covered in a years worth of saliva bt hey i guess it means smthn 2 me just like ur bag is significant to you...anyway me off...ciao

Anonymous said...

Not on the topic, I suggest you switch to a a lighter background for your blog, easier reading...

Nice post :)

Anonymous said...

tejas, i was shocked to read this post. weird as it may sound (actually, it might not sound so weird) there has been one bag which has been in my family since '97, when my brother was in 7th, in boarding school. he adored his black and dark purple Nike bag, but when he reached 11th, it was too small for him, and he handed it over to me, all tattered, having been through trecks and hikes. (i was in 6th, btw). even though it was too old and raggedy, i treasured that bag. i used it as my school bag for a couple of years, but then my books got too big (thanks, ICSE/ISC science), but still, i never left the house otherwise without it. even if i went for a movie, or just to hang out in burdubai itself, id have my bag. my mom has actually threatened me several times that she'd throw my bag away, but still, my bag is in my possession. why, just half an hour ago, i was using my bag for tuitions! i cant keep anything smaller than a book in it, coz itll fall out (thanks to the numerous holes in it), but its the one thing i cant ever throw away. i know exactly how you feel. its nice to be emotionally attatched to smething... in fact, its my security blanket! [:D]
adios!

Anonymous said...

Getting attached to a materialistic object ... not a very good thing to do in the future.