Please Observe.

Monday, February 05, 2007

I Liked Justin Timberlake's First Album

Recent conversations with people made me realise something new. It's not a habit or a quality, but a general nature about people. Everyone knows about the whole "going with the trend" thing. People can choose to like things that are either "in" or "cool" just so that they can be accepted as part of the gang.
But everyone knows that, right?

It actually only struck me now as how important that it is to me. To like and dislike what you want to, and not give a damn about what people think. It may be just a very small issue, but its important to me nonetheless. I'm just happy with myself today, because I know I don't choose that type of lifestyle where I have to go with any flow of any sort, and I'm thankful I have the type of friends that don't influence my behaviour in that way.

I remember when Justin Timberlake's first album released, I bought it and really liked it. It was funky and catchy and I enjoyed listening to it. It was my own fault I gave it up however, after people started laughing at me; my fault because I knew I shouldn't have done so. I listened to it recently again, and was wondering why I ever stopped listening to it!
About his new album however...
The point is simple but important: Do what you think is right, don't be part of a trend just for the sake of it and don't be afraid to try new things.
And also that I like Confessions on a Dance Floor.

7 comments:

anish said...

trendily very true indeed...=)

jrod said...

how right you are, amigo! who cares what others think?! be yourself! good that you realized it now! =D

Radhii said...

Jejas!

It just hit me that you were saying pretty much the same thing to me the other day (for which I have thanked you for lol... This sounds dumb but it's pretty rare that you find people saying stuff like that.. atleast that I know of).
All I have to say is... You're completely right! .. ( easier said than done though :P )

Hey! Do you recall when you primarily told me that you liked Confessions on a Dance Floor btw =p ?

PS: .. I honestly like JT's new album!

Kapil.. said...

Yeah..I totally agree with this ...I had the EXACTly and i mean it ,EXACTLY same thought about 3-4 months ago ..

A good example is the song Lips of an Angel by Hinder ..I gotta say I hate it ..and since it was popular when it released everyone went with the flow saying its a good song ..(maybe they found it good but anyways) , even though some of them havent even heard of the song

Then again its not like the saying only goes for music , it goes for anything ...absolutely anything..

Radhii said...

OH ! And out of curiousity.. What's your favorite Justin Timberlake song? =P

Anonymous said...

:O although i agree with ure whole no need to conform and respect ure point of view.. I LOVE JT'S new album!! lol.. just had to say that.. :D

upasna

Anonymous said...

ello Tejas!
I remember you trying to convince me about his new album earlier and yes that was pretty AGAINST the trend! Incidentally I think the whole follow the trend thing is sort of dying out and in fact, the new trend is to break the trend! Not to demean your post at all, I don't doubt your genuity, however there are ALOT more people willing to oppose a trend to stand out more than to just fit! It's really interesting actually, because in a way it's so positive to see people start forming opinions, even if initially they depend on someone else's. It's not entirely fair, at the same time to dismiss a trend, because herd mentality or not, there's a reason for popularity. Nice post, very big blog brother!:)